Admission Process for “Dos Alas” / Two-Way Immersion Program
To apply to the Two-Way Immersion program, follow the steps below. Your child must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2017.
- Contact Rosario Weckler, Dos Alas Program Coordinator, at: 429-3807 x 3127 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rosario will sign you up to attend a Dos Alas Two-Way Immersion Program Information Night to be held on the following Thursdays: January 12, February 9, or March 9. The English session will be held at 5:00 pm in the school library. The Spanish session will be held at 6:30 pm in the school library. This is only for parents of kindergartners entering in the fall of 2017 (Child care will be available).
- Your child must reside in the attendance area of one of the following schools: Bay View, DeLaveaga, Gault, or Westlake.
- A parent must complete a kindergarten classroom observation tour with Rosario Weckler.
- Open Enrollment window: FEBRUARY 27th – MARCH 15th, 2017 by 5pm.
- Please note: No new Interdistrict Transfer students will be accepted into the Two-Way Immersion Program for 2017-2018 school year.
- Your child will receive a language assessment if he/she is bilingual.
- Once all steps above are complete, your child(ren) will be entered into the lottery
Notification of Open Enrollment Status: Date to be announced